Advocating for creative and simple strategies for your complex issues
Helping America's Workers for 75 Years
For 75 years, Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company has had one mission: to help America’s workers preserve and protect the vitally important things they work so hard to build.
Headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina, we offer a wide range of financial protection options, helping more than 3.5 million people and over 80,0000 businesses. In addition to our personal benefits counseling expertise, we’re a pioneer of payroll deduction and innovator of enrollment technology. Our end-to-end capabilities and commitment to going above and beyond enable us to provide unmatched customer service. We’re here to help during life's most challenging times.
Locally the Witwer District and The Kerr Agency have over 15 years experience working with local businesses in the insurance industry. We strive to align our company as the top employee benefits provider in the area. With our goals of employees educated, and the number of working families protected, rather than worrying about the dollars and cents. You can trust those who work so hard for you, will have someone working equally as hard for them. We look forward to implementing our value added services while serving you and the communities of Eastern Washington and Oregon for generations to come.
7105 W Hood Place, Building B#202 Kennewick, WA 99336
Areas of Practice
Each of your clients faces their own unique set of challenges. There’s no such thing as an one-size-fits-all solution, so we’ve developed a suite of proven benefits services that can be tailored to help your clients overcome their top benefits challenges. Whether they need cost control solutions, help with a communication and education strategy, tools to lighten their administrative load or they have unique needs that require an even higher level of custom assistance, we have options to help. - See more at: http://www.coloniallife.com/brokers/client-solutions#sthash.SaZCO0jj.dpuf
We focus on long-term relationships, not short-term sales.
Every company says it provides quality service, but not many have the long-term customer relationships to back it up. We understand that in the benefits business, people truly count on us to do our job, and do it well. That’s why we constantly reach for a higher standard in all that we do.
We work tirelessly to help our customers get the most from their benefits, and pride ourselves on service as personal as it is professional.
Our customer service teams are available to help you and your employees — before, during and after the enrollment, to:
- Understand the needs of your administrative staff.
- Have the knowledge and expertise to help simplify your benefits.
- Develop lasting relationships with you and your employees.
With a variety of ways to work with our reliable service team, your employees can receive quality customer service, and a fast and easy claims process.
Whether they need quick, 24/7 online access or personal assistance from our service representatives, count on us to provide your employees the simplest, most effective service. Even more important, you can count on us to stay around. Our focus is on long-term relationships, not short-term sales.
We know when it comes to financial protection, people have a lot at stake. So when people need us most, we're at our best. Isn't that what benefits are really all about?
More benefits less hassle
You carefully manage every dollar. Decisions are hard to make, especially knowing they not only affect you, but your employees and their families. That’s where we can help. It's our goal to help your business grow as well as take care of your workers.
In a partnership with Entrepreneur Magazine, we're helping small businesses develop employees to be an "entreployee" – someone who's empowered to think and act like an entrepreneur. Learn how to build your entreployee team by visiting our Small Business Hub.
Day-to-day benefits administration is a full-time job in itself, without the added complication of keeping up with health care reform requirements and employment laws. Our end-to-end enrollment services can help make your benefits administration as easy, simple and efficient as possible, so you can focus on other aspects of your business.
- Full-service, Core and Voluntary Enrollment Services – Through our 1-to-1 meetings with your employees, we can communicate all of your benefit offerings, from benefit plans, plan design changes and wellness programs, to sick leave and vacation time. We can also enroll employees in their elections through our electronic enrollment system.
- Time-saving Updates – Save valuable HR time through our customized electronic data return file, which outlines employees’ payroll deductions, provides updates to employees’ contact information. We can provide the file in the format that’s easiest for you to work with.
- Suite of Online Administrative Services – These services, exclusively for our plan administrators, are designed to help make billing and other administrative tasks quick and easy. They also include cost-free access to CCH HRAnswersNow, a human resource website that provides daily news, tips and research tools to aid in keeping up with the latest requirements.
- Service as Personal as it is Professional – We’re proud to provide our customers with the speed and convenience of technology, but we never underestimate the need for professional, personal service. That’s why we have experienced specialists available by email and phone to assist you and your employees.
Every business has day-to-day struggles. And every business has bigger challenges, like managing costs. Finding ways to save on benefit costs is top of mind for employers these days, which makes it top of mind for us.
We offer a variety of proven solutions to help you manage costs, which can also lead to solutions in other areas of your business:
- Voluntary benefits are usually employee-paid, so you can package them with your core benefit offerings to:
- Continue to offer a competitive benefits package to attract and retain quality employees
- Help employees with increasing out-of-pocket health care expenses, so you can move to more affordable medical plans
- Leverage pre-tax and discounted tax savings for you and your employees through flexible benefit plans, which can:
- Help reduce your payroll taxes.
- Increase your employees’ spendable income.
- Help ensure compliance with Section 125 provisions and regulations
- Through our marketing alliances, we can provide you with Premium Only Plan (POP) administration services and Flexible Spending Account plans.
- Wellness programs can help manage benefit costs – if your employees take advantage of them. We can increase the ROI for your wellness program with communication and participation strategies to help increase employee participation. If you don’t have a wellness program, we have easy ways to help you get started – including a discount card for health and wellness services.
- Dependent reviews can help keep benefit costs down you and your employees, and help reduce legal risk and non-compliance issues with your benefit plans. We make dependent review a part of our 1-to-1 benefits counseling sessions, so it's a seamless, efficient process.
Your resource for health care reform
Since the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), commonly known as health care reform, was enacted in March 2010, employers continue to have questions about the requirements. The rules continue to change along with its impact on businesses and individuals. It’s complicated and difficult to understand, but that’s where we can help.
Use the form below to contact us regarding your business or personal needs. Please be as detailed as possible. Include your industry along with any specific document requests. To help us best service your needs, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.
For job opportunities, please email us your resume. We’re always looking for new and exceptional talent to lead the firm into uncharted fields of practice.