Areas of Practice
Accident Can Happen Anytime, Anywhere.
With health care costs rising, it’s important to do everything you can to help your employees prepare for life’s sudden turns. While you want to do what’s best for your employees, you also have to consider costs and manage your budget.
Our accident insurance can help offset the unexpected medical expenses that can result from a fracture, dislocation or other covered accidental injury.
With our accident insurance:
- Coverage can be employee-paid, so there’s no direct cost to you.
- We offer several coverage levels to fit all budgets.
Your employees can choose to have stand-alone coverage, or they can select family coverage for their spouse and children.
Accident insurance can provide your employees with benefits for initial care, surgery, transportation and lodging, and follow-up care.
You can’t always prevent accidents from happening, but you can help provide financial protection in case they do.
Serious Illness Calls for Serious Protection.
Would your employees have the money to protect all they’ve worked for if they were to have a critical illness, such as a heart attack or stroke? While these illnesses can be sudden and unexpected, you can help your employees be financially prepared to cope with the costs associated with a serious illness.
Our critical illness insurance complements your major medical coverage offering by providing a lump-sum benefit that can be used to pay for the direct and indirect costs related to a covered critical illness, such as:
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- End stage renal failure
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Major organ transplant
Benefits are paid directly to employees, unless they specify otherwise.
Add valuable coverage to your benefits package, and help your employees gain valuable financial protection – at no direct cost to you.
Help Them Protect What They Have Worked So Hard To Build.
Most employees like to know that if something happened to them, their loved ones would have financial stability. Your employees depend on you for a sound benefits package, but sometimes it’s good to supplement what you’re able to offer, especially when it comes to life insurance.
Our life insurance products enable your employees to tailor coverage for their individual needs. As your employees’ needs change over time, they can update their coverage for each stage of life – whether they’re getting married, having children or getting ready for retirement.
With our life insurance:
- There are numerous options, including term, universal and whole life insurance.
- Dependent coverage is available.
- Premiums are payroll deducted, so you can offer your employees peace of mind at no additional cost to you.
You can help your employees get the life insurance coverage they need to help protect what they’ve worked so hard to build.
Short Term Disability
Help Protect Their Paycheck.
Employees who can’t work because they’re sick or hurt may have a tough time paying for their everyday living expenses. With our disability insurance, you can offer financial protection that can be tailored to meet each of your employee’s unique needs.
The reality is that employee absences can cost an employer money. Disability insurance can be an important component of an effective absence management strategy. It replaces a portion of an employee’s income if he or she becomes disabled from a covered accident or sickness.
With our disability insurance, you can:
- Select the benefit periods.
- Choose an on-/off-job or off-job only plan.
- Provide valuable coverage for your employees - at no direct cost to you.
With Colonial Life's disability insurance options, you can manage employee absence and help your employees protect their most valuable asset – their paychecks.
Hospital confinement and Indemnity "Med Bridge"
Offset Medical Costs Your Insurance May Not Cover.
Health care costs are rising, and like you, your employees are looking for help. With an increasingly competitive job market, it’s important to offer a strong benefits package that can assist with these increasing expenses.
Hospital confinement indemnity insurance provides a lump-sum benefit for a covered hospital confinement or covered outpatient surgery to help offset the gaps caused by costs that aren’t covered by most major medical plans. In addition, this type of coverage can help you provide employees with a soft landing if you need to move to a major medical plan that has higher out-of-pocket costs.
At no direct cost to you, your employees can gain valuable coverage they can use to help pay for:
- Diagnostic tests
- Doctor appointments
- Emergency rooms tests
- Other hospital expenses
With this coverage, you can give your employees the help they need with high deductibles and co-pays.
Educating You Employees on Their Benefit Options.
Benefit costs aren’t the only thing that’s increasing. The need to help employees understand the benefits available to them is more important than ever. It’s key to helping retain employees and more important, to helping them make the most of their benefits. But communication such as this takes time and money – which many employers can’t spare.
Our benefits communication services are designed to help employees fully understand their benefits, so they can better appreciate what you make available to them. And we provide them at no direct cost to you.
We know your benefit communication needs are different from the next customer, so we tailor our services to fit the needs of your business and your employees. We can provide consistent communication for your employees through:
- Group meetings to help them understand their benefit offerings and what to expect from their enrollment.
- Informative, personal 1-to-1 benefits counseling sessions.
During the 1-to-1 sessions, our trained benefit counselors meet individually with employees to:
- Review their personal benefits situation and how their elections will affect their paycheck.
- Update their personal and dependent information.
- Educate them on the available benefits and help them make informed decisions.
- Enroll them in their selections through our enrollment system, as you wish.
Benefits communication is a critical part of a successful benefits program – but it doesn’t have to be a difficult part for you. We can provide simple and effective benefit communications for your business, without the expense or hassle.
Stay Focused On Recovery.
More than likely, you and your employees have friends and family members who have been affected by cancer, so you understand the financial impact this disease can have. In addition to rising treatment costs, there can be numerous other expenses to consider.
With Colonial Life’s Cancer Insurance, you can help your employees offset the out-of-pocket medical expenses and indirect, non-medical costs related to cancer that most medical plans don’t cover. Benefits are available from initial diagnosis through recovery and can be used to help with:
- Loss of income
- Child care
- Lodging and meals
- Deductibles and co-pays
- Care at out-of-network specialty centers
- Home health care
- Experimental treatments
- Lost income
- Child care
- Travel, lodging and meals during treatment
- Deductibles and co-pays
Give Your Employees A Reason To Smile.
Dental insurance is an essential part of any competitive benefits package, but traditional group plans can be too expensive for many businesses. By offering our dental plan, you can help your employees cover a variety of dental procedures, from routine cleanings to more advanced procedures, such as crowns and root canals.
Colonial Life’s dental insurance is available at no direct cost to you, and offers:
- The freedom to visit any dentist and receive the same benefit amounts
- Immediate benefits for dental wellness visits and X-rays
- Discounted services when using a network dentist
- No deductibles, co-insurance or coordination of coverage
- Four plan levels for greater flexibility
- Employee and family coverage options
- Optional orthodontic and vision care riders, available at an additional cost
Colonial Life’s dental insurance can help you provide a more competitive benefits package and encourage your employees to maintain good oral health.
(Not available in WA at this time. Coming 2017)
BUSINESS STRATEGY and cost savings opportunity
Our Proven Solutions Help Manage Benefit Costs.
Every business has day-to-day struggles. And every business has bigger challenges, like managing overhead. Finding ways to save on benefit costs is top of mind for employers these days, which makes it top of mind for us.
We offer a variety of proven solutions to help you manage costs, which can also lead to solutions in other areas of your business:
- Voluntary benefits are usually employee-paid, so you can package them with your core benefit offerings to:
- Continue to offer a competitive benefits package to attract and retain quality employees.
- Help employees with increasing out-of-pocket health care expenses, so you can move to more affordable medical plans.
- Leverage pre-tax and discounted tax savings for you and your employees through flexible benefit plans, which can:
- Help reduce your payroll taxes.
- Increase your employees’ spendable income.
- Help ensure compliance with Section 125 provisions and regulations.
- Through our marketing alliances, we can provide you with Premium Only Plan (POP) administration services and Flexible Spending Account plans.
- Wellness programs can help manage benefit costs – if your employees take advantage of them. We can increase the ROI for your wellness program with communication and participation strategies to help increase employee participation. If you don’t have a wellness program, we have easy ways to help you get started – including a discount card for health and wellness services